#VoixEncrées : play creation workshops for grades 7 to 12
play creation workshops
What exactly is a play?
Writing a play with the entire class
Writing plays individually
Presenting our work to others
Professionnal actors present excerpts from the plays
starting at $800+GST
#voixencrées is a French translation of Workshop West Playwrights' Theatre's #writesofpassage program. It is an opportunity for your junior/senior high school students to write an original play alongside professional playwrights and actors. With our team of artist-educators, your students participate in all the steps of writing a play, from developing the basic premise all the way through to the on-stage presentation of a few excerpts of the play, read and performed by two professional actors.
Through #voixencrées, your students will:
- develop new skills in writing and communication
- find their voice within a group
- develop self-confidence
- work with professional theatre artists
- become conscious of multiple identities within our pluralist society
- explore critical thought and express linguistic and cultural diversity